OCIO is an innovative system for monitoring the fluid level inside atmospheric tanks. The system detects the static pressure generated by the fluid height by means of a tube inserted in the tank and displays the fluid level or volume.
The new design and suitable solutions guarantee a reliable and repeated level indication.
The system is composed of:
• A pipe for detecting the static pressure. The tube with its end is inserted from the top of the tank and dipped in the fluid down to the bottom of the tank.
• A control unit for level display and system management. The unit is provided with intuitive and
• complete software and allows the connection of two alarm or lock devices.
By means of the software it is possible to:
• set the type and the dimensions of the tank;
• define the level alarms;
• define the level indication;
• define the unit of measurement;
• calibrate the instrument.
Depending on the set alarm levels, the control unit activates or deactivates the contact working as a remote switch starting the alarm devices or cutting the power supply off the connected equipment.
• Supply voltage 230V/50 Hz (110V/60 Hz)
• Protection IP 55
• Full scale 4 m
• Accuracy +/- 2 % full scale
• Contact for maximum and minimum level
• Max tension 250Vac at 5 Amp (or 30Vdc at 5 Amp)
• Probe tube length 10 m (extensible up to 50 m)
• Level indication
- Height (mm, inch)
- Volume (liters, gallons)
- Filling percentage (%)
• Continuous metering
• Indication in height, volume, and filling percentage
• Maximum and minimum level alarms
• High accuracy
• Intuitive software managing procedure
• Easy installation
Emiliana Serbatoi provides a solution to the growing demand for methods of remote control of tank levels.
A new interface lets you connect up to 12 OCIO level gauges and send data via PC cable for a distance of up to 1000 metres.
A mask permits displaying data relating to level, volume, % of contained volume on the PC monitor.
A dedicated software has been developed that permits saving the historical tank level records according to different principles:
• at each time interval;
• at each level change;
• at each volume change.
With the recorded data, a diagram can be displayed showing the historical tank level records.
The software permits the configuration of every type of tank. Besides the standard tank, cylindrical or cubic, any shape can be set. By selecting “Customer Tank” the tank information table can be compiled up to 1000 points.
2 alarms are available. These can be configured through the software.
GSM Tank level transmission
This system responds to a demand for the remote monitoring of tank levels, displaying the current situation on a telephone display or at an e-mail address.
A transmitter with a GSM modem is connected to the OCIO level indicator and, via one or more expansions, can control up to 8 tanks. Each tank is fitted with a level indicator which is connected by cable to the OCIO GSM box or to individual expansions.
The system configuration involves sending coded telephone messages.
The OCIO GSM system provides:
• Instant tank level reading.
• Two alarms (minimum and maximum level) which send messages to one or more enabled telephone numbers or an e-mail address.
• Regular tank level readings sent at pre-set intervals to predefined telephone numbers or an e-mail address.
The system can be used in all situations which require level monitoring without the need to be physically present, leading to timesaving and guaranteed reading in all situations.
Alarm messages are sent straight to the supplier or plant maintenance technician responsible for tank filling or emptying, for example, used fluid disposal.
The sending of regular messages enables site monitoring and guarantees the provision of continual service by the operators and suppliers, leading to remarkable savings through the efficient logistic organisation of refuelling or disposal trips.